The answer is…Not if you are renting.  If you are buying, or borrowing a boat, every operator must have a BC Operators card on-board the boat with them.  If you are renting, We can certify you for the day, after we do a thorough on-water orientation.  Glenn will sign a form that says you are competent to operate our boats after completion.  If you get searched by Transport Canada or the RCMP, you simply show them your temporary license, and you are good to go!

Do I need a boat license to rent in bc?